If the sky had been any indication, you might have mistaken the gray and mist for a round at the birthplace of golf. Still, the Regions Tradition returned to smiles and excitement, drawing appreciative crowds outside after a year’s sabbatical forced by the global pandemic.
Day one at Greystone Golf & Country Club featured more than golf weather. The annual Regions Tradition Celebrity Pro-Am features some of the biggest local celebrities and most prestigious names in golf – back again to support the tournament and the many organizations that benefit from it.
Fans were able to get up close and reasonably personal with SEC football coaches and former players. Among the notables participating in the 2021 event were:
- Nick Saban, coach of CFP national champion Alabama.
- Bryan Harsin, first-year coach at rival Auburn.
- Kirby Smart, coach at Georgia.
- Charles Barkley, NBA legend and Birmingham native.
- Bo Jackson, 1985 Heisman Trophy winner and a Birmingham product.
- Greg McElroy, ESPN college football analyst.
- And more …
Check out some of the sights and sounds of the pro-am, and visit regionstradition.com for even more photos and coverage from today.
Did you know?
Over the history of the Regions Tradition and its predecessors, the event has raised more than $19 million for charity. Today, the tournament’s primary beneficiary remains Children’s of Alabama, a hospital serving the needs of children and young people across the Southeast.