It was back to business as usual at the 2022 Regions Tradition as the first major PGA TOUR Champions stop kicked off with the Celebrity Pro-Am. The event drew large crowds to watch as some marquee names teed off for a good cause.
This year, the tournament marks its 30th year of bringing professional golf to the Birmingham, Alabama, area. More importantly, the event has raised more than $20 million dollars for local charities.
- Nick Saban – Head Football Coach, University of Alabama
- Bryan Harsin – Head Football Coach, Auburn University
- Bo Jackson – Former Heisman winner/MLB All-Star
- Kirby Smart – Head Football Coach, University of Georgia
- Nate Oats – Head Basketball Coach, University of Alabama
- Riley Green – Singer/Songwriter
- Mike Mills – Founding Member of R.E.M.
- Charles Barkley – NBA Legend
- Paul Finebaum – Sports Author, Television & Radio Personality
- And more …
The heat was on at Greystone Golf and Country Club literally, with temperatures reaching the mid-80’s – and figuratively as the celebrities joined some of golf’s greatest to compete on the links.
Immediate past Regions Tradition winners, including Miguel Angel Jimenez, Steve Stricker and Alex Cejka, were joined by golf champions such as John Daly, Ernie Els, Jim Furyk and Retief Goosen, along with many other professionals.
The professionals will begin championship play on May 12 as the first round tees off, with the remaining rounds taking place each day through May 15. Live coverage of the entire tournament will be carried on the Golf Channel.
There’s still time to join the fun at the Regions Tradition as a spectator. General admission tickets are available at regionstradition.com, along with parking and rideshare information.
Before the professionals get to the main event, now’s your chance to check out some of the action from the Celebrity Pro-Am. Be sure to stay connected to Doing More Today for all the Regions Tradition coverage.