BATON ROUGE, La. – Regions Bank on Wednesday announced additional disaster-recovery services designed to help clients, business owners and community members following the recent record-breaking floods in South Louisiana.
“Many people have lost nearly everything they own, and, especially in times like this, it’s important for a bank to be there for our neighbors and offer the financial services that are needed to help the community recover,” said Danny Montelaro, South Louisiana Area President for Regions Bank. “We recognize the incredible difficulties the flooding has created, and we want to work with clients one-on-one to see how we can provide financial relief, assistance or other services in the days, weeks and months to come.”
Further disaster-recovery services announced by Regions for South Louisiana on Wednesday include:
- 90-day payment deferrals for existing personal and business loans, as well as loan extensions and fee waivers available for those qualified in the affected disaster areas
- New unsecured loans with discounted interest rates and 90-day first-payment deferrals to help people and businesses recover*
- A dedicated Regions Mortgage hotline has been established at 1-877-999-3563 to review mortgage-specific needs for individual clients. Clients can inquire about services including potential payment deferrals or forbearance for up to 90 days for those who qualify.
- Payment extensions available for current credit card holders who qualify
- Interest rate discounts for the purchase of a new or used replacement vehicle for those with qualifying credit
- Regions fees will be waived or reimbursed for Regions clients using other banks’ ATMs in the affected areas.
- Regions ATM fees will be waived for non-clients using Regions ATMs in the affected areas.
These services are in addition to initial disaster-recovery services announced by Regions on Aug. 16. Those services, which are still available to clients in South Louisiana, include:
- Penalty-free withdrawals from certificates of deposit (CDs)
- Special discounts available for new business loans and lines of credit
- Unsecured personal lines of credit
- Certain loan payment deferrals
- A dedicated team to help clients with additional questions and concerns regarding banking needs. The team is available at 1-800-411-9393.
Affected areas covered by Regions’ special offers include Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberia, Iberville, Lafayette, Livingston, St. Helena, St. James, St. Martin, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Washington and West Baton Rouge Parishes, or any other designated FEMA disaster areas related to the recent Louisiana flooding. Special offers are available through Sept. 30.
Clients can visit South Louisiana Regions branches for complete details on all special services or can dial 1-877-999-3563 with mortgage-specific questions or 1-800-411-9393 with any other questions on disaster-recovery options.
Clients can also access the Regions Disaster Resource Center housed on regions.com to learn how Regions can help clients and businesses facing financial challenges. The Disaster Resource Center provides a clearinghouse of information and tools, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Resources include important contact information, articles, a financial checklist, details on Regions’ assistance programs and links to relevant outside agencies and organizations.
*Unsecured business loan offer restricted to up to $50,000 with terms up to 36 months for qualifying business loan applicants; all offers dependent upon approved credit of the applicant