Regions Bank and the University of Alabama in Birmingham joined forces for the Girls in Business Roundtable this week. The program is for female students between the ages of 13-17. These are five lessons on Banking and Business Basics, taught by Regions at Work coordinator Floresha Boyd:
- Learn how to save money. After all, saving is paying yourself first.
- Prioritize your savings. Focus on what you need, not what you want.
- Preparing a budget is only half the battle. Next step: track your spending and know where your money is going.
- You need to establish good credit. But using credit wisely is the key.
- Your career goals are within your reach. Just like setting a budget creates a financial plan to achieve your goals, planning your education can help you reach your professional aspirations.