HOUMA, La. – Sept. 24, 2021 – Regions Bank on Friday announced the opening of a full-service portable branch facility at 1830 Martin Luther King Blvd. in Houma.
The mobile facility restores complete branch-banking service to Houma and surrounding communities following Hurricane Ida. The portable branch is a modern bank on wheels that offers virtually all the services of a traditional bank branch. It is staffed by local Regions professionals who understand the needs of people and businesses affected by Hurricane Ida, and Regions Bank teams are ready to provide customized financial services ranging from basic transactions to more in-depth needs.
“Regions Bank believes in neighbors helping neighbors when they face difficult times, and by establishing this portable branch facility, we are taking a significant step forward in helping people and businesses meet their daily banking needs while also recovering from the storm,” said Tracy Broussard, consumer banking manager for Regions in South Louisiana. “Regions Bank has been part of Houma for many years, and we are committed to supporting the recovery and rebuilding from Hurricane Ida. Our portable branch offers customers peace of mind by once again enabling them to conduct their banking business here at home.”
At Regions’ portable branch facility, people can use an ATM around the clock, conduct transactions with Regions bankers during regular branch hours, and speak with financial professionals about a variety of financial needs. The portable branch features plexiglass shields, and Regions bankers are wearing masks to observe pandemic safety guidelines.
The ATM on the side of the branch is a Regions DepositSmart ATM, which can accept deposits of cash or checks – in addition to actually cashing checks for customers – day or night. The facility also features encrypted satellite uplink technology, security cameras and 24/7 on-site security.
Regions’ permanent branch at 1830 Martin Luther King Blvd. was damaged by Ida, as were two other Regions facilities in Houma, one branch in Cutoff, and an additional branch in Port Sulphur. Operations are underway to compile damage assessments and begin restoration work for the five Regions facilities in southern Louisiana that currently remain closed.
The opening of the portable branch in Houma is simply the latest step in the commitment by Regions Bank and the Regions Foundation to support ongoing recovery from Hurricane Ida. On Sept. 1, the Regions Foundation, which is a nonprofit initiative funded primarily by Regions Bank, announced a combined $250,000 in grant funding for organizations providing disaster relief.
Initial grants from the $250,000 total include:
- $25,000 for the Houma-based United Way of South Louisiana, which serves Assumption, Lafourche, St. Mary and Terrebonne parishes;
- $25,000 for United Way of Southeast Louisiana in New Orleans, which is administering a dedicated Hurricane Ida Relief Fund;
- $50,000 for the Louisiana Region of the American Red Cross;
- $50,000 for the Salvation Army’s Alabama-Louisiana-Mississippi division;
- $10,000 for the Terrebonne Churches United Food Bank, which serves Terrebonne Parish;
- and $10,000 for the Employee Assistance Foundation’s support of the Bollinger Employee Relief Fund.
Remaining funding from the $250,000 total will be allocated to organizations based on long-term needs that emerge in the coming months.
Further, Regions Bank recently announced a series of disaster-recovery financial services in areas severely impacted by Ida.1
Services available for a limited time include:
- Regions Mortgage Disaster Relief Purchase and Renovation loan programs are available.
- Regions fees will be waived when Regions customers use other banks’ ATMs in the impacted areas1 through Sept. 29. (Note: Fees charged by other banks or ATM owners may still apply.)
- No check-cashing fees will be charged for FEMA-issued checks when cashed in a Regions branch.2
- Payment deferrals for credit card holders may be available based on individual circumstances.3
- Personal and business loan payment assistance may be available based on individual circumstances.3
- Business loan payment deferrals of up to 90 days may be available based on individual circumstances.3
- One penalty-free CD withdrawal is available upon request (unless within seven days of issuance or renewal).
- An interest rate discount of 0.50% is available through Nov. 30, 2021, on new personal unsecured loans when customers apply in a branch or by phone.4
- An interest rate discount of 0.50% on standard rates is available through Nov. 30, 2021, for new business loans or lines of credit of up to $1 million to help with recovery needs in impacted areas.4
- An interest rate discount of 0.50% is available through Nov. 30, 2021, on new unsecured business term loans of up to $50,000 with up to 36-month terms, including waived origination and loan document fees, as well as options for the first payments to be deferred by up to 90 days.4
About Regions Foundation
Regions Foundation supports community investments that positively impact the communities served by Regions Bank. The Foundation engages in a grantmaking program focused on priorities including economic and community development; education and workforce readiness; and financial wellness. The Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation funded primarily through contributions from Regions Bank.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation (NYSE:RF), with $156 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage products and services. Regions serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates more than 1,300 banking offices and approximately 2,000 ATMs. Regions Bank is an Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.
1Offers are available for a limited time to individuals and businesses affected by Hurricane Ida and remnants of the storm in the following ZIP codes; the current list of over 300 ZIP codes may be expanded as additional impacts from the remnants of Ida are experienced and further damage assessments are concluded. Offers may be subject to other exclusions and restrictions and are subject to change or termination without notice. All loans and lines, deferrals, extensions or forbearances are subject to required documentation and credit approval. Residency restrictions may apply. Special interest rates determined by applicant’s credit profile may not extend to products offered by third parties, such as Avant. Initially, impacted ZIP codes in Regions’ retail banking footprint include the following list, which is subject to expansion: 70001 – 70006, 70009 – 70011, 70030 – 70033, 70036 – 70041, 70043, 70044, 70047, 70049 – 70060, 70062 – 70065, 70067 – 70073, 70075, 70076, 70078 – 70087, 70090 – 70094, 70096, 70097, 70112 – 70119, 70121 – 70131, 70139, 70141 – 70143, 70145, 70146, 70148, 70150 – 70154, 70156 – 70167, 70170, 70172, 70174 – 70179, 70181 – 70187, 70189, 70190, 70195, 70301, 70302, 70310, 70339 – 70346, 70352 – 70361, 70363, 70364, 70371 – 70375, 70377, 70380, 70381, 70390 – 70395, 70397, 70401 – 70404, 70420 – 70422, 70426, 70427, 70429, 70431, 70433, 70434 – 70438, 70441 – 70467, 70469 – 70471, 70512 – 70514, 70517, 70519, 70521 – 70523, 70538, 70540, 70544, 70552, 70560, 70562, 70563, 70569, 70582, 70704, 70706, 70707, 70710 – 70712, 70714, 70715, 70718, 70719, 70721 – 70723, 70725 – 70730, 70732 – 70734, 70736 – 70740, 70743, 70744, 70747 – 70749, 70752 – 70757, 70759 – 70765, 70767, 70769, 70770, 70772 – 70778, 70780, 70782 – 70789, 70791, 70792, 70801 – 70823, 70825 – 70827, 70831, 70833, 70835 – 70837, 70873, 70874, 70879, 70884, 70891 – 70896, 70898.
2The FEMA check no-check-cashing-fee offer is available only to Regions customers; if you are not a Regions customer, you must enroll in Regions Now Banking. No checking account is required to enroll in Now Banking. Regions reserves the right to refuse to cash any check.
3Subject to credit approval. Interest will continue to accrue during the period that the payment is skipped or deferred. For installment loans, deferring or skipping payment may extend the maturity of your loan but will not automatically extend any optional insurance. Forbearances, skipped payments, and deferrals generally (a) vary by customer, (b) postpone – rather than forgive – certain payment obligations, and (c) require payment in full of the postponed payments at the end of the forbearance or deferral period, in addition to any other amounts that come due, unless you make other arrangements with Regions to resolve the delinquency.
4New business loan and personal unsecured loan rate discounts may not be combined with other special offers or discounts. Interest will accrue during the optional 90-day payment deferral period for unsecured business loans if elected.