Georgia remains Georgia, while the rest of college football’s top contenders continue to play uninspiring football.
Second-ranked Cincinnati remained unbeaten, but only after a closer-than-expected, 28-20 victory over Tulsa on Saturday. Meanwhile, third-ranked Alabama closed the gap despite struggles of its own – a 20-14 victory against LSU.
The Bearcats remained second – for the fourth-straight week – but only by a scant margin.
Meanwhile, Oregon returned to the top 5 after dispatching Washington 26-16. Oregon’s best win remains a September road victory over No. 6 Ohio State.
Follow the AP Top 25 presented by Regions Bank each week of the season on Doing More Today
MORE FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Seven more ranked teams lost this past weekend, upping the total to 68 on the season, including 42 to unranked teams.
The number of ranked teams to lose to unranked teams is the most through 10 weeks of a college football season, according to ESPN Stats & Info.
The three teams to move into the Top 25 this week have all been there before.
- 20 Wisconsin is back in the rankings after more than a month out. The Badgers have won five straight games since a 1-3 start.
- 21 North Carolina State returned to the Top 25 after its second straight victory. The Wolfpack had a three-week run in the rankings in October.
- 25 Pittsburgh moved back in after a loss knocked the Panthers out for a week.
- Kentucky lost for the third straight week to fall out of the rankings after a five-week run in the Top 25.
- SMU’s second straight loss cost the Mustangs their ranking after four weeks in the Top 25.
- Fresno State is out again, a week after it jumped back in at No. 25. The Bulldogs lost at home to Boise State.
- Big Ten — 6 (No. 6, 8, 9, 19, 20).
- SEC — 5 (Nos. 1, 3, 11, 12, 16).
- ACC — 3 (Nos. 13, 21, 25).
- Big 12 — 3 (Nos. 4, 10, 18).
- American — 2 (Nos. 2, 17).
- Sun Belt — 2 (Nos. 22, 24).
- Conference USA — 1 (No. 15).
- Pac-12 — 1 (No. 5).
- Independent — 2 (Nos. 7, 14).
Ranked vs. Ranked This Week
- 4 Oklahoma at No. 18 Baylor. Eighth time the Sooners and Bears will be a matchup of ranked teams, all since 2011. Sooners are 4-3 in the first seven.
- 9 Michigan at No. 23 Penn State. Fourth time in the past five years the Big Ten East foes will both be ranked when they play.
- 11 Texas A&M at No. 12 Mississippi. Third meeting when both are ranked. The Rebels won the first two.
- 21 North Carolina State at No. 13 Wake Forest. The Wolfpack and Deacs have played 113 games and just one in which both teams were ranked. NC State won it big in 1992.