There are plenty of available scholarships out there, but a little digging can find the one that is the best fit.
- Look for Scholarships Before and During College – Did you know over half the scholarships that are available are designed for students already enrolled in college?
- Refine Your Search – A great resource, the Sallie Mae Scholarship Search, can help you find scholarships that best fit your interests and talents.
- Put in the Time – Put in the effort by following up on matches, filling out scholarship forms and crafting scholarship application essays.
- Stay Organized and Be Proactive – Don’t miss deadlines, and follow up with each organization to make certain your application was received.
- Stay on Your Toes – Be on the lookout for potential scholarship scams. For example, never pay money or fees for a scholarship.