Golf fans come out for the Regions Tradition to see golf greats compete in one of the PGA TOUR Champions majors. You can see Golf Hall of Famers and some awesome shots, all in a great venue.
But what if you don’t exactly care about golf?
Then the Tradition is the tournament for you. It’s a great community event, with plenty of fun places where you can enjoy the sights and scenes of the tournament without necessarily following every step of the event. Here are some suggestions:
- On the 10th hole green, you’ll find the Watering Hole. While there are several non-golf choices, take the insider’s advice and go to the wine lounge – the best hidden spot to watch golf. You’ll not only be in one of the coolest places, you’ll also be right in the center of the action. So close, you might have to dodge the occasional errant tee shot.
- Head to Spectator Village, where you can take a load off in a bunch of ways. Nap in a recliner, win a programmable bed, get a massage or plan a getaway … with or without golf.
- Enjoy a tournament-renowned Pomegranate Margarita (or whatever type you might like) at the Cocina Tent. Bartender Shirazeh R. will set you up with one of the best.
- Make it a date day. For Hugh and Morgan Cheek, the Tradition is a day away from work and raising kids. Morgan, a non-golfer, enjoys the shopping and uninterrupted time.
- Take some memorable selfies for your phone portfolio. Great selfie backdrops and props include the big Coca-Cola chair, the Regions bike near the 18th green and the Regions Tradition sign in front of the Clubhouse.
- If all else fails, head to the merchandise tent, and enjoy the cool air and Regions Tradition apparel and merchandise. You might need one of those umbrellas this week!