PANAMA CITY, Fla. – Jan. 17, 2024 – Regions Bank on Wednesday announced a series of disaster-recovery financial services designed to help people and businesses impacted by the Jan. 9 tornadoes in Northwest Florida and parts of Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.
“While we have several options available, one of the most valuable services we provide is truly listening to our customers’ unique needs and finding ways we can help address those needs,” said Steve Nivet, Regions’ Consumer Banking regional executive serving Florida and additional states. “Our experience has taught us valuable ways we can help our neighbors after a natural disaster. We welcome anyone with financial questions or concerns to meet with us and discuss how we can be of service.”
Special options available for a limited time in affected communities1 include:
- Regions Mortgage Disaster Relief Purchase and Renovation loan programs
- Regions will waive ATM surcharges for non-Regions customers using Regions ATMs in the impacted areas1 for seven days beginning Jan. 17, 2024.
- Non-Regions ATM fees will be waived when Regions customers use other banks’ ATMs in the impacted areas for seven days beginning Jan. 17, 2024. (Note: Fees charged by other banks or ATM owners may still apply.)
- No check-cashing fees will be charged for FEMA-issued checks when cashed in a Regions branch.2
- Personal and business loan payment assistance is available.3
- Payment deferrals are available for current credit card holders.3
- Business loan payment deferrals of up to 90 days are available, expiring April 16, 2024.3
- One penalty-free CD withdrawal is available upon request (unless within seven days of issuance or renewal) for up to 90 days, expiring April 16, 2024.
- An interest rate discount of up to 0.50% on new personal unsecured loans when customers in impacted areas apply in a branch or by phone4. The offer is available for up to 90 days, expiring April 16, 2024.
- An interest rate discount of up to 0.50% on non-business auto loans when customers in impacted areas apply in-branch or by phone4. The offer is available for up to 90 days, expiring April 16, 2024.
In addition, Regions has dedicated teams available to help customers with questions or needs related to the following services:
- Mortgages, home equity loans, and lines of credit: Call 1-800-748-9498.
- Credit cards, consumer loans, and lines of credit: Call 1-866-298-1113.
- Any other banking needs: Call 1-800-411-9393.
Customers are also encouraged to visit Regions Bank’s online Disaster Relief Center at www.regions.com/DisasterRelief for timely information on financial recovery programs, loan assistance resources, and more.
“We are committed to the success of our customers and communities, especially during a time of rebuilding and recovering,” said Sharon Hightower, Regions’ Consumer Banking regional executive serving Georgia, South Carolina and additional states. “Whether it is through your local Regions branch, by calling our Contact Centers, or visiting regions.com, we are here to connect you with what you need.”
Another way Regions serves is by helping people and businesses stay informed and safe from fraud. Scammers use natural disasters to get into the accounts of people who need help. Regions Bank provides tips to help keep your money safe.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation (NYSE:RF), with $154 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage products and services. Regions serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,250 banking offices and more than 2,000 ATMs. Regions Bank is an Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.
1Offers are available for a limited time and only to individuals and businesses affected by the Jan. 9 tornadoes in the following ZIP codes. Other ZIP codes may be added to this list based on updated storm surveys and damage reports: 29003, 32408, 32411, 32426, 32440, 32443, 32444, 32448, 32466, 32477, 36312, 36320, 36370, 39813, 39862, 39866. Offers may be subject to other exclusions and restrictions and are subject to change without notice. All loans and lines, deferrals, extensions, or forbearances may be subject to required documentation and credit approval. Residency restrictions may apply. Special loan interest rates may be determined by applicant’s credit profile and may not extend to products offered by third parties, such as Avant.
2The FEMA no-check-cashing fee offer is available only to Regions customers; if you are not a Regions customer, you must enroll in Now Banking. No checking account is required to enroll in Now Banking. Regions reserves the right to refuse to cash any check.
3May be subject to credit approval. Interest will continue to accrue during the period that the payment is skipped or deferred. For installment loans, deferring or skipping payment may extend the maturity of your loan but will not automatically extend any optional insurance. Forbearances, skipped payments and deferrals (a) may vary by customer, (b) postpone – rather than forgive – certain payment obligations and (c) may require payment in full of the postponed payments at the end of the forbearance or deferral period, in addition to any other amounts that come due, unless you make other arrangements with Regions to resolve the delinquency.
4New personal unsecured loan and new auto loan rate discounts may not be combined with other special offers or discounts. The rate discount of up to 0.50% includes 0.25% disaster relief rate discount with an additional 0.25% rate discount when you enroll in auto debit loan payments from an existing Regions checking account.