BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Aug. 24, 2020 – Regions Bank today announced it has reopened branch lobbies for walk-in service and implemented health and safety best practices to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
In March, Regions temporarily limited in-person branch-banking services to drive-through and lobby service by appointment only as part of the bank’s comprehensive response to COVID-19. Since the pandemic emerged, Regions has taken decisive action to implement health and safety best practices, provide tailored assistance to customers facing hardship, and support community organizations in the markets Regions serves.
“Put People First is a core value at Regions that continues to guide our response to the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Scott Peters, head of the Consumer Banking Group. “Our teams across the bank have worked diligently to address the pressing financial needs of our customers and communities while also adapting our business model to provide a safer environment for all. We understand that during times of uncertainty our customers value the financial advice, guidance and flexibility that our branch bankers provide, and we are committed to meeting the unique financial needs of consumers and businesses across the markets we serve.”
Put People First is a core value at Regions that continues to guide our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Scott Peters, head of Regions’ Consumer Banking Group
As Regions welcomes customers for walk-in service, the bank has implemented a variety of health and safety best practices in the interest of customers and associates:
- All bankers will undergo a wellness check before entering the branch.
- All bankers have been provided face coverings and will wear them when interacting with customers. Face coverings are required for customers in the branch.
- Each branch will maintain posted occupancy limits based upon facility size and type; a Regions banker will assist with managing occupancy.
- Regions has instituted enhanced cleaning and sanitizing practices in all facilities using products recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is also providing hand sanitizer for customers and associates.
- Protective shields have been installed at cash lines and banker desks.
- Floor markers and signage are posted throughout the branches to assist with CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Customers are encouraged to schedule appointments for in-branch services in advance through the Make an Appointment feature on Regions.com, through online and mobile banking or by calling the branch directly to set up a time for service. Branch contact information is available through the Locations tab on Regions.com.
Regions also offers a variety of contactless banking options in addition to in-branch services. Customers may access their accounts and complete banking transactions through Regions’ online and mobile banking capabilities and network of 2,000 ATMs, many of which provide Video Banking service during extended hours as well as check cashing and deposit services. Regions continues to invest in technology innovations to improve the customer experience and provide additional choice and convenience.
“As the pandemic emerged, we experienced rapid adoption of online and mobile banking capabilities as customers took advantage of Regions’ full suite of banking channels to manage their financial lives,” said Peters. “In response, we are accelerating investments in digital channels, eSignature capabilities and other technology solutions to make banking easier during the pandemic and beyond. We also continue to make strategic investments in new and existing branch locations to reach more customers and meet their evolving needs.”
Additional information about Regions’ response to COVID-19, including assistance offers for customers, helpful tips and FAQs outlining the many ways to bank with Regions, is available on the Coronavirus Resource Center on regions.com.
Regions maintains a customer assistance program to help meet various emergency needs. Customers experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 are encouraged to contact the bank to discuss their unique circumstances.
The Regions Mortgage Payment Assistance team can be reached at 1-800-748-9498. Also, a mortgage assistance application is available at this link on Regions.com. Customers can call 1-866-298-1113 to discuss assistance related to other Regions services including credit cards, personal loans, home equity loans and business loans.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation (NYSE:RF), with $144 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage products and services. Regions serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,400 banking offices and 2,000 ATMs. Regions Bank is an Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.