BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Sept. 17, 2018 – Regions Bank today announced a series of financial services, including payment extensions and the waiving of certain fees, to help people and businesses in FEMA-declared disaster areas affected by Hurricane Florence.
“Several communities are facing a long and difficult recovery. Our focus is making that recovery easier,” said Michelle Walters, Consumer Banking Regional Executive of Regions Bank. “In addition to services such as payment extensions, lower rates or eliminating fees, Regions associates are ready to work with people one-on-one to listen to their individual needs and identify how we can best meet those needs as the recovery continues.”
Disaster-recovery financial services1 available in FEMA-declared disaster areas, for a limited time, include:
- No check-cashing fee for FEMA-issued checks
- Regions Mortgage Disaster Relief Purchase and Renovation loan programs
- Personal and business loan payment assistance2
- Surcharges and non-Regions ATM fees waived or refunded for 15 days
- One penalty-free CD withdrawal3
- 0.50 percent discount and waiver of $150 loan processing fee on new personal unsecured loans4
- Business loan payment deferrals available up to 90 days2
- Payment extensions for current credit card holders2
- For questions regarding a mortgage, call Regions’ mortgage hotline at 1-800-986-2462.
- For help regarding home equity and other consumer loans, please call 1-866-298-1113.
- A dedicated team is available to help with other questions and concerns regarding your banking needs. Please call 1-800-411-9393 for immediate assistance.
Hurricane Florence updates are also available through the Disaster Resource Center on Regions.com. Resources for Regions Mortgage customers can also be received through the Regions Customer Assistance Program. General account services are also available at any time via regions.com and Regions’ mobile services.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation (NYSE:RF), with $125 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage products and services. Regions serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, member FDIC, operates approximately 1,500 banking offices and 2,000 ATMs. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.
1Special offers are available for a limited time and only to individuals and businesses affected by storm damage in FEMA-declared disaster areas and may be subject to other exclusions and restrictions and are subject to change without notice. All loans and lines, extensions and forbearances are subject to required documentation and credit approval. Residency restrictions may apply.
2Payment deferrals, extensions and forbearances are subject to credit approval. Interest will continue to accrue during the period that the payment is extended, skipped or deferred. For installment loans, extending, deferring or skipping payment will extend the maturity of your loan but will not automatically extend any optional insurance.
3The no-penalty offer allows customers to make one partial or complete withdrawal without penalty. The penalty-free withdrawal must be made more than seven days after the issue date or the most recent renewal date (whichever is later). Any other withdrawals will be subject to penalties.
4Applications submitted online are not eligible for the loan application fee waiver.